A Little Wander Around Portobello Market and Notting Hill!

30 October 2015

Portobello Market
Hi! I wanted to share some of the photos from my rummage around Portobello Market (the world's biggest antiques market) in Notting Hill a couple of weeks ago (on a super gloomy Friday morning). I remember the first time I visited the market was when I permanently moved to London (2012) and to be honest, I really didn't like it (it was packed with people and I was just stuck in the crowd - trying to figure out how to find my way back to the underground and just go home!), but this time it was pretty quiet and I did a lot of wandering and peeking around corners. Anyway, Portobello Market had some really crap stuff and some really nice stuff - I guess that's how a market is supposed to be - and I liked it a lot!
Potobello Road itself was not a pretty road at all but some of the side streets were filled with lots of pastel coloured houses which were so charming that I literally couldn't stop taking pictures (until my phone decided to die at 8% battery). Not to mention, some of the streets were dead ugly. So I'd say that Notting Hill is a mixture of both pretty and run-down areas (still an extremely expensive area to live)! Anyway, here's a few pictures I took with my 'half-alive' iPhone (have to remember to always charge my phone before going out!). Next time, I'll take my proper camera (because, I have to get into the habit of carrying my camera around with me) and explore the area a bit more (there are some cool cafes, bookshops and vintage shops that I'd like to check out).
Portobello Market
Portobello Market
Portobello Market
Portobello Market
Portobello Market
Portobello Market
Portobello Market
Portobello Market
Portobello Market
Portobello Market
Portobello Market
Portobello Market
Notting Hill
Notting Hill
Notting Hill
Notting Hill
Notting Hill
Notting Hill
Notting Hill
Notting Hill
Notting Hill
^^ I'd heard about this Persian restaurant, but I didn't know where it was (now I know)! ^^

Have a wonderful weekend! xx

No comments

Post a Comment