A Few Goals For my 29th Birthday!

01 October 2015

Happy Birthday To Me!
This photo pretty much sums up how I felt on my 29th birthday (happy, focused, excited, bored, worried and determined - a mix of all kinds of feelings!). Turning 29 on the 29th of September, "how awesome!" I thought for a split second and then "oh no, I'm turning 30 next year!" I thought for another millisecond! I know, you are rolling your eyes right now, but I think I'm slipping into the 'pre-thirty-panic-attack' kind of stage (I don't even know how to describe the feeling, hmm... probably excited and nervous at the same time!).
I was thinking a whole heck of a lot about what challenges I need to set for myself this year; what do I hope to achieve? What do I need to learn or improve on? Which direction I want my life to go in? (As if I really need to do something before I turn 30!) This is the first time that I'm sharing some of my goals and intentions for this year on my blog. I no longer make a list of New Year's resolutions (because I never stick to them!). However, I do give some serious thought every September as to how I can continue to move forward; so I made a list of the things I know - deep down - I should be doing, but haven't really taken action on. I know that I have to commit and push myself towards achieving my goals, but I will be adaptable and know that it's OK to change my mind and set new ones. Sometimes what I thought I wanted wasn't really what I wanted after all! So here's the list of my (current) little goals that I hope I will accomplish this year...
* This year, I will apply for Masters in Character Animation at Central Saint Martins.
* This year, I will sketch every single day.
* This year, I will always carry a notebook with me to jot down my ideas.
* This year, I will take more photos of the little details of my ordinary days.
* This year, I will design awesome greeting cards and build a new online shop.
* This year, I will read two books a month.
* This year, I will write a short (illustrated) story.
* This year, I will be grateful (no matter how much or how little I have).
* This year, I will visit New York.
* This year, I will get a cat and call her Smithy.
* This year, I will make pancakes for Sunday mornings (I've never made pancakes before!).
* This year, I will give unexpected presents to the people I care about.
* This year, I will be joining a Hot Bikram Yoga (I will, I will!).
* This year, I will let go of the things that don't matter.
* This year, I will be more generous.
* This year, I will buy a Macbook Pro (finally and hopefully).
* This year, I will connect with creative bloggers.
* This year, I will stop procrastinating (hmm... this is the biggest challenge for me!).
* This year, I will allow myself to experiment more or mess around.
* This year, I will stop comparing my work to others.
* This year, I will stop being obsessed with everything being "perfect".
* This year, I will keep my wardrobe tidy for at least three to four days a week.
* This year, I will be going to more theatres and exhibitions.
* This year, I will buy these shoes.
* This year, I will visit Chelsea Flower Show.
* This year, I will always, always follow my heart.

Thank you for all your lovely birthday messages! :) xx

No comments

Post a Comment