A Delicious Smoothie To Kick-Start Your Day!

07 October 2015

Banana, date and almond shake!
When I crave something sweet, nothing makes my belly happier than a big glass of refreshing, rich and creamy smoothie (even more satisfying than a piece of chocolate). My favourite smoothie at the moment is the 'banana, date and almond shake' which I found on Deliciously Ella (she's got some of the most delicious and also easiest smoothie recipes on her blog!). It is super satisfying and full of goodness - just a perfect drink to kick-start your day or a great 'afternoon pick-me-up'! The best thing about it is that it takes hardly any time at all to make - it literally takes me three minutes to throw everything in the blender, blend it up and it's ready to sip and enjoy! 
Here's what you'll need to make this super delicious (and nutritious) smoothie:
Serves 1:
* 1 medium ripe banana
* 1 cup of almond milk (I use Rude Health almond milk), make sure it's cold.
* 2 Medjool dates (it really depends how sweet you like it, I think 1 date is also enough)
* 1 teaspoon of almond butter (I use Biona Almond butter)
* 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
* 1 tablespoon of flaxseed (I use Linwoods flaxseed)
** I also add a tablespoon of Linwoods Milled Chia Seed to up my fibre and protein intake.
- Simply peel the banana, pit the dates and pour everything into your blender and blend until smooth and creamy. All these ingredients are quite filling and they keep you energised all morning!

Craving something sweet? Then definitely try making this heavenly smoothie! xx

No comments

Post a Comment