My Favourite Blogs + Blogging Tips. (Part I)

10 February 2015

As I continue to blog, I try to become better each day in cultivating my content and voice. Although it often drives me crazy with what to post about next, it's a great source of happiness for me; it gives me a way to connect with people who share my interest. Over the past few months, it's been really interesting to see how it's starting to flow more naturally as I learn what I love to share most. I still have some kinks to work out but I keep developing and refining my content until I'm completely happy. One thing that really inspires me is reading my favourite blogs. They have the power to cheer me up, motivate and encourage me on so many levels. I've also learned so much about blogging from these bloggers that I could never imagine learning elsewhere.I'm constantly on the look out for great blogs, but these five are the ones which I'm really hooked on. I hope you like them, too. If you're into blogging and can't come up with at least five of your favourite blogs, I recommend using the bloglovin' tool. It sends you an email every day with all the new posts from your favourite blogs. It's addictive!
A Beautiful Mess
Love Taza
Deliciously Ella
Smitten Kitchen
Oh Joy

* A Beautiful Mess: This is a woman's lifestyle company focused on creating happiness everyday through a wonderfully homemade lifestyle. "Cheers to doin'-it-yourself, always learning, trying, failing and above all else... embracing imperfection. Life is better when it's a little bit messy." A Beautiful Mess is a great source of inspiration, interior design and creative projects. Their blogging tips: * Give yourself permission to experiment. * Network and make blog pals. * Practice photography and develop your own style. * Choose quality over quantity. 

* Love Taza: Taza is my all time favourite blogger. Her voice is so clear and strong that I feel like I know her so well. I find it thrilling to have a glimpse into her life with her kids in New York City. Her blogging tips: * Stay true to yourself and your own voice. * Blog about what you love, not what you "think" will make your blog successful. * Be original, be consistent and have fun!

* Deliciously Ella: This is an awesome food journey of Ella. Everything is focused on whole, plant-based foods. It's all about embracing nourishing foods that your body loves. Her blogging tips: * It's just about being authentic. * Photos are the most important thing. * Don't be afraid to show your personality, making it personal is great. * Blogging regularly is important. 

* Smitten Kitchen: A lot of comfort foods, things like bread and cakes made entirely from scratch and tutorials on everything. Founded by Deb Perelman, she is wary of excessively fussy foods and pretentious ingredients. Her blogging tips: * If you enjoy what you're doing, are excited about sharing your knowledge with others and you can convey that to readers, an audience will without a doubt follow. * Do what you love and lovely things will follow. 

* Oh Joy: A daily blog with a focus on design, fashion, food and joyful moments from everyday life. Founder Joy Cho has also authored two books and consulted for hundreds of creative businesses around the world. Her top blogging tips: * Do your research. Since there are so many blogs these days, it's important to make sure you're doing something that's different. * Be genuine. Write about the things that you really love and are excited to write about everyday. 

Happy blogging! xx

No comments

Post a Comment