Karlie's Kookies!

24 February 2015

Karlie's Kookies
I got up on the wrong side of the bed today (I felt a bit meh). You know, one of those days that you're like "what am I going do with my day?!" and you can't really come up with any interesting things to do (deep down you just want to nap all day!) and you end up sitting on the couch staring at the wall and thinking about random stuff like ironing, birthdays, dinner, shoes and the beach! If you never feel like this once in a while, then you're lucky! Anyway, I decided that I had to force myself into doing something that would really cheer me up. Then, Karlie's Kookies popped into my head! I used to bake Karlie's Kookies all the time last summer (the whole process of baking and inhaling the awesome smell just made me happy). So I quickly cracked on with baking... and I did feel better after munching on these delicious goodies. 

Here's the recipe for Karlie's Kookies:
* 1 cup of dark chocolate chips (I used organic chocolate drops by Plamil)
* 1 cup of gluten-free rolled oats (Bob's Red Mill is a good choice)
* 2 cups of almond flour (I used ground almonds from Holland & Barrett
* 1/4 cup of toasted flaked almonds 
* 1/2 glass olive oil
* 1/4 cup agave syrup (Crazy Jack is a good option)
* 1/2 teaspoon of salt
* 3/4 teaspoon of baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon Xantham gum

First pre-heat your oven to 325 Fahrenheit degrees (163 Celsius degrees) and line a baking tray with paper. Lightly toast your flaked almonds in a frypan. Mix your dry ingredients with a wooden spoon. Then add the liquid ingredients and mix well until combined. Scoop dough using a spoon (or ice-cream scoop) and gently place them on the tray. Bake the cookies for 6 to 8 minutes until golden brown (I suggest keeping an eye on them). Let them cool completely and you're done! Let me tell you these cookies are guilt-free in every sense and delectable! 
Super Healthy Ingredients
Mix all your ingredients until combined!
Baking Karlie's Kookies
All done!
Time to chill out!
I bet Andy will be so happy to see these freshly baked cookies in the kitchen and I think I'm back into a "baking cookies" mood! :)

No comments

Post a Comment