My 2014 Bucket List!

13 January 2014

I was not quite sure whether to write this post or not. My mind was full of ideas of what to do in 2014, yet couldn't jot them down (Plus I didn't know what to cook for dinner, so that even made it more difficult to focus!). I thought going to Borough Market (That meant Game Pie from Sillfield Farm for dinner, problem solved!), getting my favourite biscuits and then strolling down The Thames would be great for unplugging. The weather was beautiful, not too cold with a bit of sunshine and lots of fluffy clouds, I could finally put the things in order in my head while munching on my biscuit. 
I really don't like the word "resolutions", so "Bucket List" would be a much better word for my personal to-do-list in 2014. Also it's a great reminder for me to stop procrastinating by checking on this list every week or so! So here's my bucket list for 2014:
* I want to start illustrating my Sab Sab World story book. I'm thinking to get all the illustrations done before my birthday (End of September!).
* I want to print Sab Sab World greeting cards and start selling them online (Recently I've been a bit slack online) and find some independent shops which would stock some of them as well. 
* I want to make our new flat as cosy as possible (Andy and I just found a really cool place where we'll be moving to in a few weeks; it's got proper wood flooring and a cute little garden which we always wanted!); decorating it with mis-matched furniture, one-off cushions, beautiful handmade throws, country-style cups and plates and fill it with lots of books and my favourite-of-all-time movies! 
* I want to learn gardening and start growing my lettuce, tomatoes and green beans (Andy would be so proud of me, since he's crazy about growing his food and live as independently as possible!) 
* I want to go to theatres and classical music concerts. 
* I want to discover delicious dishes from around the world. "Eat (healthily), drink (responsibly) and be merry!" That's my mantra in 2014! 
* I want to have my parents over in summer and take them out to the best restaurants and caf├ęs and show them the interesting and beautiful places in London.  
I hope there are more long walks in parks and street markets, more days of hanging out with friends and family and more picnics in parks. I want to read more books and watch my favourites movies back to back at weekends. I'd love to learn how to make my own bread (I would probably buy a bread-maker, apparently it makes a whole loaf of bread without the hassle of making the dough!). These are just a few things I thought I would share with you. There are loads of other things on my mind, but I think one step at a time is the best way forward. 
If there's one main reason that I go to Borough Market, it would be The Cinnamon Tree Bakery biscuits (A delicious mixture of pumpkin, sunflower, sesame seeds, raisins and dates, providing plenty of wholesome energy and flavour!). They are just super delicious; perfect with a cup of tea on a bench on the Southbank and watching the world go by (Or on a sofa watching "The Big Bang Theory"!). 

Happy new year friends! I can't believe that we're almost half way through January. I wish you all the best in 2014 and a bucket list full of great things to accomplish or discover. Let's get cracking! :)

No comments

Post a Comment