Goodbye London 2013, Hello London 2014!

07 January 2014

Another year has passed us by! And it's certainly been a busy one, moving to London and settling down, getting used to all the hustle and bustle of the Underground and the rainy British weather. I'm so grateful for the fun I've had exploring the city; finding small, off-the-radar places, street markets, one-off shops, corner pubs and local restaurants. I absolutely love the beautiful Royal parks and I adore the markets; Borough Market (Borough Market is a must to sample some of fabulous British produce, drink coffee at Monmouth and then stroll along the river towards the embankment.) and Brockley Market are my favourites. I love all the old buildings, there are hidden gems all over the city. London is playful and sophisticated, edgy and chic. It's like a universe all of its own and I love it!
^^The Dacre Arms; Andy's favourite secret pub. Sssshhhhh!^^
^^I did a little blogpost about Borough Market which you can read here.^^
^^Victoria & Albert Museum Café; it was the first museum restaurant in the world, built in the 1860s to show off British design and craftsmanship and it's one of London's most ornate cafés!^^
^^Primrose Hill and Primrose Bakery.^^
^^The Little One; This tiny coffee hangout is a great retreat from the bustle of the rest of the street. It's worth strolling down to the far end of Regent's Park Road to treat yourself to their crêpes and homemade bread.^^
^^A magical spot; If you've got a free Sunday, be sure to visit Colombia Road Flower Market and buy yourself some pretty blooms, grab a coffee and browse the awesome independent shops. My favourite shop is Beyond Fabrics. Lots of vintage-style fabrics, countless sewing bits and pieces, jars of colourful buttons, beautiful ribbons and packets of fabric scraps are all crammed into this tiny shop. It will definitely tempt you to take up sewing which I did as a matter of fact!^^
And one of the best burgers I've ever tasted in London was at Lowlander in Covent Garden. Always a great way to end a good year with a burger and some bubbly! Cheers and happy new year! :)

No comments

Post a Comment