A Saturday stroll from Borough Market to the East End.

20 January 2014

Hello! Hope you had a great weekend. On Saturday, we decided to treat ourselves to Boston Burgers for lunch at Borough Market (They are seriously delicious; the rolls are fresh and warm and the meat just melts in your mouth!). The market was rammed; I'd forgotten how it felt like to be stuck among people trying to reach your favourite stall, since I usually go there on week days. But we managed to get our veggies and a couple of rabbits for the Rabbit Stew which Andy wanted to cook. Then we walked to Spitalfields Market and  rummaged around a bit as well. We came back home after our three hour walk. Andy started cooking (He cooked the most delicious Rabbit Stew; a warm and hearty dish that feeds the body and soul!) and I had a little afternoon nap (I love taking naps. A lot!) and we watched Bad Education; my new favourite comedy series. Saturdays are all about treats (Burgers and brownies) and watching comedy. Here are some shots of our day out and about.
^^Leadenhall Market (Left): Under the beautiful Victorian roof there are stalls selling flowers, cheese, meat and other fresh produce and finally I got a close up view of The Gherkin (St Mary Axe).^^
^^I love strolling through the old and narrow streets in London. They are filled with cool pubs and restaurants. Kings Stores on Widegate Street serves seasonably sourced and freshly produced food - like small nibbley tapas style and they also do a nice pint! Have to check this place out...^^
^^Blitz on Hanbury St. is the world's largest vintage department store filled with hand selected vintage clothing, home-ware, old furniture, jewellery, posters, books and many more (Even vintage bikes!). I love vintage shops, but I simply can't find anything that I like in there (Except vintage records and books which I absolutely love!). I think after several times going to vintage shops, you develop an eagle eye to find the best stuff. Blitz is a treasure trove for anyone crazy about anything vintage.^^
On the way back home, we popped into "You Don't Bring Me Flowers" coffee shop to grab a cup of hot chocolate. Nothing warms your cockles like a hot chocolate on a chilly day.
Have a great week! xx

No comments

Post a Comment