Mini picnic in Manor House Gardens...

05 June 2013

It was a beautiful day in London today, so I thought I might as well go to Manor House Gardens and soak up some sun and read The Handmade Marketplace (by Kari Chapin) to motivate myself to start blogging finally. (I have been procrastinating for a long time now!) So here I am, writing my first blog post...believe me I've been editing my content and photos several times to just get it right. I think when you first start blogging there's such a thing like invisible force that keeps you from writing, but I'm trying not to give into that and see how long I can keep up with blogging! ;)

I love sharing information and I love hearing how my posts have been helpful and inspiring. So here's some tips on blogging that I read in this book. (while I was sunbathing!)
* You can write as little or as much as you want, about whatever you want.
* Stay true to yourself when you're posting.
* Focus on what makes YOU.
* Focus on what you love and write about that.
* No matter how often you decide to post, consistency is key.
* People like to see great photos. (In this case I took these photos with my iPhone, but I'm thinking to get a decent camera soon...I think about it every single night while I'm trying to sleep!)
* Write about why you do what you do. People love that!
* It's important to interact with your readers.
* Have a clean-looking yet visually interesting site.
* Let your personality shine through in your writing voice.
* Make sure that you are linking to other blogs and web-shops that have a well-matched audience.
* Keep things simple!
* Give something away on your blog.
* Start small and simple.
There are more tips of course, but these are the ones that had been highlighted in green by me! 
Happy Blogging :)

No comments

Post a Comment